Wasps – Sunday 9th November, 2:00pm (LV= cup)
Details checked on 11th September
Adams Park is a couple of miles from the centre of High Wycombe.
- Chiltern Railways run a direct service from London Marylebone to High Wycombe, for the outward journey there are 3 trains an hour with journey times varying between 24 and 48 minutes. For the return there are 3 or 4 trains an hour with journey times between 31 and 51 minutes.
The day return fare is £18.60 – this fare is available on the day, so no need to book in advance.
If travelling by train from Reading, you can travel via Banbury (using Cross Country & Chiltern Railways) – the day return fare is £23 and the journey time is around 1 hour 40 minutes, it is an hourly service for this route.
Alternatively you can travel via London – the day return fare is £25.30 and journey times are around 2 hours and there are 2 or 3 trains per hour.
For both routes the fares are available on the day, so no need to book in advance.
- There is a free bus service from High Wycombe station to Adams Park – services start a couple of hours before kick-off, and the last bus back is a couple of hours after the end of the match.
- Arriva Buses operate a direct hourly service from Reading to High Wycombe, route 800, departing at 15 minutes past the hour, The journey time is about 1 hour 20 minutes.
For the return journey, buses depart High Wycombe bus station at 45 minutes past the hour, with the last bus back to Reading at 17:45, later buses only go as far as Henley.
It is a short walk from the bus station to the railway station where a free bus to Adams Park is available (I’ve been informed in the past that the free bus service also picks up in town, but this is not mentioned on the Wasps website). An alternative is to get off the bus at Cressex and use the free park & ride bus from there. There do not appear to be any direct bus/coach services from London to High Wycombe.
- For those driving – see details from the London Wasps’ website – http://www.wasps.co.uk/the-club/adams-park or put HP12 4HJ into your SatNav. There are a number of car parks at the ground and close to the ground and also a Park & Ride from Cressex (M40 J4). It is not advisable to park close to the ground if you want to make a quick getaway.
- Useful Links
- Details of the Park & Ride and Train & Ride bus services can be found on the Wasps website – http://www.wasps.co.uk/the-club/adams-park